Robert Hubbard is a civil litigation and appellate attorney whose practice focuses on insurance coverage and insurer bad faith. Robert has extensive experience litigating coverage disputes under commercial general liability, directors and officers liability, professional liability, as well as other personal and commercial lines policies. He also has experience litigating matters involving catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death, products liability, construction defect, and professional malpractice.
Originally from Asheville, North Carolina, Robert graduated from Furman University with a Bachelor of Arts in 2008, and received his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Stetson University College of Law in 2012. While at Stetson, he was a member of the Stetson Law Review and served as a judicial intern for Magistrate Judge Thomas Wilson at the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Prior to joining the Vaka Law Group, Robert was a partner at a statewide defense firm where he represented individuals, businesses, and insurers in a variety of complex matters involving catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death, construction defect, products liability, as well as insurance coverage and bad faith claims. He also represented attorneys, physicians, insurance agents/brokers, and other professionals against malpractice claims as well as qui tam, False Claims Act, and whistleblower related lawsuits.
- Vaka Law Group, 2019 - present
- Cole, Scott & Kissane, P.A., Partner, 2016 - 2019
- Cole, Scott & Kissane, P.A., Associate Attorney, 2012 - 2016
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- All Florida state courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, FL, J.D. Cum Laude
- Furman University, Greenville, SC, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science